Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Tribute to My Best Friends (5)

Noha Omar

She is always Noha Omar, never just Noha, never Nou, never N, but always Noha Omar, however sometimes when she’s driving, she becomes Noha ya Omar; Egyptians will relate.

She is this very quiet person I saw at my latest job, the first thing I noticed about her is that she wears sweatshirts, something not a lot of girls do, and I thought she must be interesting because I always used to wear sweatshirts until very recently. She was friends with everyone and everyone loved her. I think she loves everyone too, however silently as she is. As soon we got finally introduced which I don’t remember how or when, we clicked. Its very rare that you meet a person who genuinely cares about people without making a scene out of it. she holds her feelings to herself most of the time though, and she is one tough nut to crack in that specific area. But it is always obvious when she is OK and when she isn’t, which makes it all the worse if she happens to be down and you just can’t get through to help her, or at least be a girl and listen if you – I –can’t help.

Noha is a lovely person with this amazingly toothy smile that lights up everything in the world. when she gets hyper she acts like a little kid, very silly and amazingly adorable. For some reason she tries to cut her laughs in the middle, I don’t understand why, and she never used to know how to hug! I mean I’ve met people who have cold hugs, or unresponsive hugs, but they are still huggable. Noha, however, wasn’t! she now hugs very well, thanks to me of course since I taught her, and she has one of the warmest sweetest hugs ever. She knows how to see the good and only the good in people, so does Nihal Elgendy, her friend and mine, and it amazes me very much, not to mention annoys me because sometimes the bad in people far outweighs the good in them and yet they still see them as good!

320821_10150781760295112_2581097_nShe always brings me snickers and I always eat her food, she’s generous and she doesn’t mind to the extent that I stopped asking for permission, rude I know, but what are friends for if not feeding their needy selfish friends, a.k.a me, and even when I bring her mars and flutes (since I’ve learned that she’s probably the only girl I know who DOES NOT like snickers), she ends up getting me more snickers. I blame her for getting fat by the way. I am also highly inclined to take her shopping for headscarves one day because all the ones she has –wears –are white and I’m pretty sure she’d look amazing in other colors as well.

One day, she told me that my friends are very friendly, as two of my friends whom she doesn’t know sent her friend requests on Facebook. They usually don’t do that, but I guess they finally did. Both of them said it’s because her posts are really good and they are just dying to like them and can’t. she really does have amazing posts; they’re all filled with strong genuine emotion that is always good and positive, even when she is sad. She is one of those people who never learn that people can be bad and it always hurts her when they are. I don’t think it’s a good thing, but it’s definitely fitting her amazingly innocent profile.

She’s fun to hangout with, and it’s enough to just have her around to feel good, or at least okay; not bad anymore. She’s one of those people I thank God for having in my life, and even if she weren’t in my life, I’d thank God that she simply exists in the world.

As for me, I appreciate her and love her for understanding that I can’t be a good friend sometimes, and I lose touch with the world at other times. She is patient with me and I love her for it, as for everything else that is Noha Omar. I’m pretty sure that if she ever lets me know who actually annoys her, I’d go hit them for her because I know she won’t hit them herself, maybe scream at them (although I still doubt it), but she’ll never hit them. How someone could be such a pacifist is beyond me! But then again, we learn from people like her that forgiveness works best, even if it hurts her sometimes.

So, Noha Omar, my dear dear dear friend, I wish you wellness, I wish you happiness, and I wish you peace of mind, because you deserve all the best that the world has to offer.




Did you like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment