Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Devil in me

When I was around 7 or 8, my dad got me a gold locket as a present (probably birthday present but I can’t really remember), but my dad and the jeweler were friends so my dad took the locket without really paying much attention to it. In his defence, he was incredibly short sighted and he worked really long hours, poor guy was beat every time he came home from work. So, Daddy presented me with the locket. At first when I saw it, I didn’t really get what he meant, but I accepted it and thanked him and kissed him and hugged him and all that. Then my mom took a look at it, she is incredibly far-sighted, and she couldn’t tell what it was either. I understood that my father got tricked really into buying the locket by his jeweler friend, and told my parents what the locket was; a tiny devil!



It was a devil, with pointy ears, wearing a black shirt. Its legs were a bit crooked like a faun’s. it had a tail; long, curved and pointed at the end with what looks like a little torch, and the little devil held it in its hand. In its other hand, it held a spear with a flame for the spearhead, pointing down. It had tiny eyes, a nose, and a mouth that curled in a mischievous smile. I think some part of me believes it is a young devil, hasn’t yet grown up which makes it kind of cute actually. And I admit, I love my little devil ;)


Even though my family had a nice couple of laughs about the little devil, my mom would never let me wear it; let’s face it, it’s creepy! But I always loved it since it came from my father and I let her bend the rule of me wearing it around my neck. The thing is, my little devil must have some special devious powers because when I wear it, it works wonders. I think it represents the devil in me.
Every time I feel like I need to be mischievous or maybe show my evil side, I wear my little devil. And apparently when I wear it I get 2 red virtual horns on my head because I do show my evil side. I wear it when I have problems at work with my coworkers; I’m not a trouble maker and I don’t like to make waves but some people need to learn where they really belong in life. I wear it when I need to confront someone I know. When I wear it I feel more confident. And I have to admit, evil deeds are so much fun with my little devil. Since no one really gets hurt, I have some fun and get my way, so what’s the harm in showing my little devil every once in a while.
I guess the devil in me is really as tiny as the little devil locket Angel
Technorati Tags: ,,,,,



Did you like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment