Saturday, November 30, 2013

Another Birthday

It’s my birthday again. For some reason I’ve made it a tradition to give you all some fuss over my birthday, but the real reason is I’m writing this for me, to watch myself grow older and wiser and exponentially crazier. This post is about what’s special in the past year, and why I have newly found respect for the next one.
  • I didn’t kill anyone this year, not remotely, at least not to my knowledge, phew.
  • I left the job that was draining the life out of me, and I’ve made some very close calls relating to that but God was merciful to put me in situations where I couldn’t go back on my word, I’m a lucky gal.
  • I did not go to jail!
  • I’m doing my MBA which is a sweet distraction from life. Well, not so sweet, who am I kidding, but if I’m going around in circles in my brain, I might as well do it about something with some value.
  • I’m becoming a nerd, not something to my advantage, but it should be an interesting experience; nerdy with a sense of humor.
  • I don’t have to wake up at 6 am every day and drive/get driven 80 km a day + 70 km more when I go to school (just the 70 now).
  • I went to Europe! For less than a week and stayed in a dismal place.. but I went to Europe!!
  • I have a beautiful baby nephew, may God keep him safe always.
  • I made friends and lost friends and shuffled friends around, but in the end, all is good, all is just right, as it always has been and always will be.
  • I lost my favorite person in the world, the loveliest person in the world. I didn’t dare say goodbye properly and I still don’t dare say goodbye. It hurts to know she is gone but I am grateful to have had her in my life; for every smile and every laugh that she gave me, and still does with wonderful memories. May you rest in peace Tant Omaima.
  • Lessons have been learned, lots of them. They are the lessons that make life worth living.
  • I know for a fact that shrinks are possibly useless!
  • I can still laugh! At some point last year I really thought I couldn’t laugh ever again.
  • I still have no idea what my purpose in life is, I mean seriously how long does it take to find that out?! Do we have to wait for life to end to figure it out or what?!! Funny thing is that I’m still looking, God helps those who help themselves after all.
  • I’m writing again, on and off, more off than on, but hey, I am!
  • My professor asked me in the first class of management if I’m the next Steve Jobs. I think he’d back out on saying that now, but I will pretend that he wouldn’t.
So I guess what I’m trying to say is, I am grateful. Thank You God for giving me a full life with so many lessons. Thank You for giving me reasons to thank You. Thank You for listening to some of the prayers in my heart, and forgiving the not so nice stuff in there too. I am alive. My life may not be so good, but this year I am grateful for not having something to be guilty about, and that’s good enough, that’s more than good. Thank You!

Oh, and Happy Birthday to me!





Did you like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment